Tuesday 20 March 2012

Sowing A Synthesizer using fabric

Today we had artists, visual and musicians, who were giving us Master Classes from Sweden. We learnt how to create Synthesizers and to sow this into fabric. The thread acted like solder. I really enjoyed this, because it was new to me and I never knew that such thread existed for stitching. Below I have included some photos of my work, and at the end of today's class, we got into small groups to create music (like a small ensemble). This was indeed a very enjoyable class and it was great that these professionals took time to share their wonderful findings with students at the University. 

This shows the circuit board that we used

Here I have connected all the components including battery and speaker

Here you see in detail how the components were connected by stitching


No comments:

Post a Comment